The Centre for psychological Issues Research is based in the Department of Psychology. Members of the Centre are interested in issues such as social support, social inclusion and exclusion, prejudice and discrimination, and their relationship to health and well-being. The aim of the Centre is to promote theoretically informed and methodologically sound innovative psychological and social research that addresses contemporary social issues and informs social policy.
Our Research Strategy aims to
• Enhance interactions and develop new links among researchers across levels within the Department
• Enhance links to other Departments across Schools and involvement in large-scale funding initiatives.
• Develop an outward-looking research profile for the Department
The three research themes are
- Brain behavior and cognition
- Social behavior and societies
- Marriage and Family
- Mental health
Plans for setting up psychology department research facilities are underway;
Facilities such as